If you do not agree to the following policy, you may wish to cease viewing / using this website. By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 18 years of age.
Collecting and Processing your Personal Data
We collect certain anonymous information submitted automatically by your browser that does not personally identify you (e.g. your IP address, search terms and results, browser type). We may also track your use of our website (e.g. pages visited and time spent on each page).
We also collect personal data, which is any information capable of identifying an individual, such as for example first name, last name, email address, location, or subscription time and date. The only personally-identifiable information we collect is that which you voluntarily provide. We hold this information by using secure data storage technologies, and in compliance with GDPR requirements.
We use this data to send you emails with information on offers, products, services and resources that we think may interest you. We may also use it to conduct research and improve our products and services. When you submit this to us, you understand that you are agreeing to allow us to access, store and use it for these purposes.
We may collect and process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether through the contact form on our website, email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions.
- User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases, and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you, and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising.
- Marketing Data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our services, promotions or events, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising.
- We may use Communication Data, Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you.
Our lawful ground for this processing includes: the performance of a contract between you and us, and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract; our legitimate interests such as replying to communications sent to us, analysing customer use of our products/services, deciding our marketing strategy and growing our business, keeping records and/or establishing, pursuing or defending legal claims, and for enabling us to properly administer our website and our business.
We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for, or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. In the case where we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose, we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing. We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
It is important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How your Personal Data is Collected
We may collect data about you by you providing the data directly to us (for example by filling in forms on our site or by sending us emails). We may automatically collect certain data from you as you use our website by using cookies and similar technologies (see ‘Cookies’ section below).
We may also receive data from third parties such as Google Analytics and other providers based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook, based outside the EU, search information providers such as Google based outside the EU, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as data brokers or aggregators.
We may also receive data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
Marketing Communications, Notifications, Subscriptions
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent, or our legitimate interests (e.g. to provide our services and grow our business).
Under the e-Privacy Regulation, we my send you marketing communications from us if you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services, or if you agreed to receive marketing communications, and if in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. However, you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time. Before we share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes we will get your express consent.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by emailing us at email@example.com at any time.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications, this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
Disclosures of your Personal Data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Third Party Links
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always offer the same levels of protection to your personal data, so European law has prohibited transfers of personal data outside of the EEA unless the transfer meets certain criteria.
Some of our third-party service providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA), so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is in place.
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
- If we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place.
- If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
We have measures in place to protect the security of the personal information you have provided us. Nevertheless, we cannot guarantee that all information shared through the internet will remain secure, and you agree that we are not responsible for any unauthorised or accidental disclosure. We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach, and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
Your Legal Rights
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
If you have any concerns that your data is being mishandled in some way, you have the right to let me know. If you are not satisfied with the response, you also have the right to raise the matter with the information Data Protection Commissioner’s Office.
Receive Updates & Resources
I send out occasional updates, resources and info, to support you in nurturing and expressing your true self.